The Golden Gate Blues Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit affiliate of The Blues Foundation, based in Memphis, Tennessee. The purpose of The Golden Gate Blues Society is to enhance the appreciation and understanding of the Blues, especially in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. More information is available at our ABOUT page.
We need your help so that we may continue to serve you, the blues community, and to continue our many dynamic programs. If you are not yet a TGGBS member, or if your membership has expired, please visit our STORE page to join or renew. If you're not sure of your membership status, you may contact our Membership Coordinator via email at email@example.com. We also encourage donations in any amount. Donations are fully tax deductible, and there are several convenient ways to make them. If you have a PayPal account or Credit Card, you can click the "Donate" button below -- or you can mail a check to:
PO Box 2591
Redwood City, CA 94064
The Golden Gate Blues Society is very active and enjoys working with the Bay Area Music Scene. Here are some of the ongoing things we're doing...
- Excellent musicians competing in our local IBC, with a Band and Solo/Duo act being sent to Memphis each year (since the 2010-2011 season) to represent TGGBS and the entire Bay Area in the Blues Foundation's International Blues Challenge. We're very proud of our artists' achievements! Please visit our IBC page for more info.
- Best Self-Produced CD Submissions to the Blues Foundation's Award Committee.
- A healthy 'Musicians Health Fund', which has donated several thousand dollars to musicians in need. Note that the San Francisco International Boogie Woogie Festival is currently our biggest donor to this fund -- but you can also contribute -- by clicking the 'Donate' button on this page, or by visiting our Store page.
- Support for various blues festivals and events around the Bay Area.
- A funded Blues In The Schools (BITS) program.
- A Keeping the Blues Alive for Myron Mu (owner of The Saloon, San Francisco).
TGGBS offers links to two very good blues-related calendars for Northern California. One is from Jack Cohen, who maintains Jack's Bay Area Blues Clues, and one is from one of our sister blues societies, the Central Valley Blues Society, who has graciously shared their calendar with us. Please visit our CALENDAR page for details.