The Golden Gate Blues Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit affiliate of The Blues Foundation, based in Memphis, Tennessee. The purpose of The Golden Gate Blues Society is to enhance the appreciation and understanding of the Blues, especially in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. More information is available at our ABOUT page.
We need your help so that we may continue to serve you, the blues community, and to continue our dynamic programs. If you are not yet a TGGBS member, or if your membership has expired, please visit our STORE page to join or renew. If you're not sure of your membership status, you may contact our Membership Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage donations in any amount. Donations are fully tax deductible, and there are convenient ways to make them. If you have a PayPal account or Credit Card, you can click the "Donate" button below, or you can mail a check to: TGGBS, PO Box 2591, Redwood City, CA 94064. During your transaction, please indicate how you'd like your funds to be used (such as General Fund, Health Fund, IBC Fund, or Blues in the Schools). If there isn't a clear way to indicate this, please send a follow up email to email@example.com. Non-designated funds will go into our General Fund to help pay TGGBS's ongoing expenses, such as Blues Foundation affiliate fees, insurance, etc. Thank you!
TGGB's Facebook Page has approx 2700 followers. We encourage you to 'Like' our page and post your events so that you can reach more folks. We also encourage you to join TGGBS and help us support the music community (please visit our Store page for info on how to join). Rates are VERY reasonable (Individuals $25, Bands $50, Sponsors $200, Lifetime Memberships $500). If you're already a member, and not sure of your current status, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Golden Gate Blues Society enjoys working in the Bay Area Blues Scene. Here are some of the things we've been doing...
- Excellent musicians competing in our local IBC, with TGGBS Band and Solo/Duo acts being sent to Memphis nearly every year since 2011 to represent the Bay Area in the Blues Foundation's International Blues Challenge. We're very proud of our artists' achievements! Please visit our IBC page for more info on the program and our artists who've competed.
- Best Self-Produced CD Submissions to the Blues Foundation's Award Committee.
- A 'Musicians Health Fund', which in the last few years has donated several thousand dollars to musicians in need. The San Francisco International Boogie Woogie Festival is currently our biggest donor to this fund -- but you can also contribute by clicking the 'Donate' button on this page, or by visiting our Store page.
- Support of major Blues and Roots Festivals in the Bay Area, such as the Fountain Blues Festival, the Hayward Russell City Blues Festival, and others.
- Support for Keeping the Blues Alive Awards, such as the one for Myron Mu (owner of The Saloon, San Francisco).